For those new to Ladera Vista Jr. High and as a refresher for returning families here is some information about our Media Center:
* Media Center hours vary depending on daily schedule. Please contact the school office for the current schedule.
* 7th grade Language Arts classes will start their orientations and book checkout after pictures and ID cards have been issued.
* Once ID cards are issued students can checkout library books. They may checkout 3 books for 2 weeks. If students don’t have their ID card with them they may not check out books
* When the Media Center is open at break or lunch, students must have ID cards and a Media Center pass to enter.
* Lost/damaged library/textbooks must be replaced or paid for before any other books can be checked out. Books are considered damaged due to water, torn pages, missing pages. Replacement cost for library books varies depending on cost of book and processing fees. Textbooks will also need to be replaced if lost or damaged. Textbooks have a cost range from $55.00 to $80.00.
* Computers are available for students to use for class projects or research. Students may not just surf the Internet, check their email or play games on the Media Center computers. Students not following these guidelines will lose their computer privileges in the Media Center.